Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Check out her curls after a bath!


Laney has been practicing sitting up with a pillow behind her.

I want to tell you, in the words of my good friend Jacque, what it is like caring for a two year old. "It's like continuous customer service with a completely unreasonable person." She is so right on! Let me tell you how Delaney's world has been affected by some of the things Alan thought would be perfectly reasonable to do to her:

Monday: Alan removes Delaney's toys from her hands using a dustpan, to not-so-gently "sweep" them away.

Tuesday: Alan pushes Delaney's bouncy chair down as close to the floor as it will go, counts to three (which actually sounds more like this: "1, 6, 7!") and releases her like a catapult.

Wednesday: Alan spins Delaney in her exersaucer as she tries to hold onto the attached toys the way you or I might hold onto a tree branch if we were being swept down a river.

Thursday: Alan comes RUNNING from the living room, takes a flying leap, and DIVES onto Delaney as she lays in her bouncy chair. There were actually tears on this one.

Friday: Mommy gets in her car, starts driving, and doesn't come back for a few days.

Just kidding. But sometimes that's what I want to do.

So, as you can tell, the kiddos are keeping me on my toes.
Laney's adventures this week include:
  • having mommy called to get her out of the church nursery for the third time this month (are girls really more emotional than boys?)
  • going back to see Dr. Sidwell and finding out that she has grown enough and doesn't need to come back
  • rejoicing to hear that cousin Kacie gave a thumbs up and even pinched a nurse!
  • playing with Matthias, Logan, and Alan at our Bible Study Barbecue
  • spending a day with Grandma Lucy so Mommy could go pack up her classroom
Thanks for checking in! Mom, Dad, and Andy, I miss you! Sometimes I feel so far away from you. But I know we will see each other sometime soon. Love you!

No comments: